How to use channel.send?

Hi, I am trying to run code on my local machine and send logs through neptune api.
Is it possible to use like this?
I am executing the following code:

ctx = neptune.Context()
#params = read_params(ctx)

numeric_channel = ctx.create_channel(
    name='numeric_channel',
    channel_type=neptune.ChannelType.NUMERIC)

text_channel = ctx.create_channel(
    name='text_channel',
    channel_type=neptune.ChannelType.TEXT)

numeric_channel.send(x=1, y=2.5)
numeric_channel.send(x=1.5, y=5)

text_channel.send(x=2.5, y='text 1')
text_channel.send(x=3, y='text 2')```

Hi @Denys,

You should add following line at the beginning of your code to use neptune library.
from deepsense import neptune
After that your code will be totally fine.

This line is present in my code, I didnt add it here because I thought it is clear. Is it possible to use neptune not on neptune-ml cloud, but localy and just collect logs?

Yes, it is!
Use neptune run command instead of neptune send so your code will be executed on your local machine. All channel values will be still reported to Neptune.

When executing the code above inside my project directory with the code above using neptune run filename.py I have the following behaviour.

It seems that it starts to send all directory to cloud

Yes, it actually sends your project to Neptune. If you want to avoid it you can add following line to your neptune.yaml file:

exclude: ['*']

It will not upload any sources from your directory.
You should see uploading message like one below:

> Experiment enqueued, id: SAN-1                                                                                                                                                  
>                                                                                                                                                                                 
> To browse the experiment, follow:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
> https://app.neptune.ml/dashboard/experiment/163965ef-cb3e-4a7e-89ad-f74e3bb38607?getStartedState=folded                                                                                                                                                                      
>                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Calculated experiment snapshot size: 0 Bytes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Sending sources to server: 0.00B [00:00, ?B/s]     ```

Yes, now it works, thank you)
Is it possible to do the same inside jupyter notebook just using python api?
When I start ctx = neptune.Context() in the jupyter notebook it says that the Ofline mode is used …

Could you feed us with id of your notebook? I will look at this issue.

I run it locally, but logs should be uploaded to neptune-ml

Currently, Neptune doesn’t support running notebooks locally. We will consider adding this feature in future releases.